Okay now, it has finally come to the point where i have to put up a detailed post in regards the Samsung Galaxy S4 cloned fake version and the original version. Few days ago, i wrote exclusive on how i was scammed by a seller from olx who exchanged my Original Samsung Galaxy Note for a fake cloned Galaxy S4. To be candid, this Galaxy S4 sucks. I even prefer a nokia torch light phone to it(Yes it probably sounds funny but i mean it). I am currently thinking of buying another android phone because as it is now, i have no other option. I just can’t continue with this fake cloned phone for now.
Now just before i go over to the subject matter on how to spot the difference between the Original Samsung Galaxy S4 and the fake version, let me point it out that the Galaxy S4 isn’t the only cloned version in the market. After the ugly incident that happened to me on the subject matter, it was realized that there is a cloned version for Galaxy S5 also. Not only that, there is a cloned version for the Galaxy S3, HTC phones and others. Even the Samsung Note series has also got a clone version. Following this development, its strongly advisable that you buy your phones from reputable organizations. If you must buy from local merchants, then you shouldn’t go alone. Go with someone who has got enough ideas when it comes to understanding and operating mobile devices. Do not be quick to getting a device and zooming out of the place like i did. Take time to explore what you want to buy before you pay for it.
Spotting The Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S4 Original and Fake Clone Version
As i earlier stated, i kinda prefer a Nokia torch light device to the fake version of the Galaxy S4. I know you gonna be asking why but am sure if you read to the very last of this post, you will understand why.
Now, first and foremost, let me state out the specifications for the cloned Samsung Galaxy G4 according to Antutu Tester app:
Phone Model: Galaxy S4
Phone Brands: sprd
CPU Model: Dual-Core ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v71)
CPU Frequency: 1024.00
CPU Manufacturers: MT6589
Internal Ram:(Available/Total) : 47/217MB
Internal ROM:(Available/Total) : 70/180MB
External SD Card:(Used/All) : 1398/1879MB
Android OS Version: 4.2.2
Screen Resolution: 480 X 854
Now looking from the device information above according to Antutu tester app installed on the phone, it clearly states that the phone has a total RAM size of 217MB which makes it slower than 90% of android phones in the market. The original version of this device comes with a Total RAM Size of 2GB. Imagine the difference!
Problems With The Cloned Version Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Fake Version Vs Original Galaxy S4
1. Physical Appearance: This is the first part that deceived me. The appearance of the cloned Galaxy S4 is no different from that of the original. If Physical appearance is what you are looking to judge by, i am afraid you will find none.
2. Touch Screen Functionality: We always believe that China version of mobile phones are easy to spot out using their touch screen functionality but i am afraid it isn’t so with the china cloned version of the Galaxy S4. The touch screen works very well that you won’t be able to spot any difference in both of them.
2. RAM Size: As earlier stated, the cloned version of the Galaxy S4 has a total size of 217MB which is nothing compared to the original version which has a total ram size of 2GB. The 217MB makes the phone hang frequently than you can imagine. You don’t get to run more than 2 apps at a time. Depending on the app you are running, you could encounter an app error leaving you with two options, force close or wait. That won’t happen with a RAM size of 2GB in the case of the original version.
Having said that, it is very necessary to check the ram size of an android phone before purchasing it. Make sure it isn’t different from the specifications posted online. The question now should be… How do i check the RAM size of an android device? Its simple. Simply navigate to settings > More > Applications > Manage Applications. On that page, you should see the total ram sized used and total ram sized not used. Alternatively, you can simply download and install Antutu tester and that will give you more detailed information about the device.
3. Google Play Store App: Google play store app is present on the device but its more like a figure head. Its launch-able but doesn’t really download. It’s totally different from the Google play store interface that you and I know about. Just click on any of the file shown and choose to download. It will just be looking at you like a man watching an interesting football match and wouldn’t want any form of distraction. No download is going to commence. This is very unlike the original version. Google Play store will even request for log in details at first initialization but that doesn’t come up with the cloned version.
4. Samsung Apps: Virtually all Samsung Android phones comes with the Samsung market called Samsung Apps pre-installed on them. Its actually same for the fake cloned version except for the fact that upon launching the app, you’d see a different name called PlayAPP and no longer Samsung Apps. You can actually download from the PlayApp application to your phone but no service update or log in details is required unlike the official Samsung Apps market app.
5. Inbuilt Memory: Just like the original Galaxy S4 devices which comes in different storage capacity ranging from 16GB to 64GB, the fake cloned version comes with mostly 16GB. However, this shown inbuilt memory is just a figure head. You cannot download nor store any file into the phone memory. Files can only be saved to a memory card which implies that a memory card needed to be present in the device. You can check the storage capacity of a Samsung Phone by navigating to Settings > More > Storage. For an original samsung phone, you’d see a break down on the amount of storage capacity a group file has used. For example, Pictures (1GB) Music (4GB) etc but in the case of the fake cloned version, the storage capacity is shown plain like a stick mounted down down into sand.
6. Functionality: Samsung will always be samsung. There are some features of samsung mobiles that cloned version can never have. Checking through the functionality on the cloned S4, most of them are just there for sample. Tapping on that doesn’t make any move. On original samsung android phones, there’s a motion gesture that allows you swipe through your phone screen with the side of your pam to automatically take a screen shot but that cannot be screen on the fake.
Now i know i have given two many differences and review between the original Samsung galaxy s4 and the fake clone version. This post is really long (Over 1200+ words), but am doing it for the benefit of my esteemed readers. I know how it feels like to be sold a device that isn’t what you think it is. Especially if its giving you too many problems and depriving you the benefit of enjoying your hard earned money. I really feel bad for losing my Samsung galaxy note for a fake phone and i wouldn’t want you to experience same. Please kindly take out time to share this post on your social network accounts to aid others. You are helping others by doing that.