First and foremost, let me congratulate you on your newly acquired android phone. I’d believe there must be a reason or reason to why you choose an android phone instead of iOS or blackberry. Android OS is well known for its robust available applications. There are millions of applications available on the Android market which is well known as Google Play store but c’mon, it isn’t nice to just install applications that won’t be useful to you.
Nowadays, most android phones come pre-installed with nice applications but let’s not stay on that. We are assuming your newly acquired android phone doesn’t come with any third party app other than the basics.
Talking about basic apps, am referring to the contacts, music player, video player, calculator and the likes. This post is more or less, a way to getting you started with your Android device. For those living in Nigeria and it’s environs, don’t forget you can actually get some android phones for as low as N15000 or less.
Best 7 Android Apps For New Android Phones
Ordinarily, Essential android apps for your newly acquired android phone are over 7 but we do not want to crowd your phone this early and that’s why we are starting off with just 7 apps we think are essential and are necessary in everyday use of your android device.
Please Note: These suggested apps are based on what we think are apps to getting you started and probably necessary for everyday use. Suggested apps however, are subjected to change based on user specifications.
1.Whatsapp : First of our list is the whatsapp application. Whatsapp app still stands out to be one of the best messenging app just like BBM. The reason we choose whatsapp is because it facilities easy communication. Whatsapp isn’t just available on Android, it’s available on other platforms like Java, Symbian, iOS (iPhone, iPad) and even Blackberry. Which means better chances of keeping up with your contacts instead of normal text message service.
To download whatsapp from Google Play store, please click here.
2. Flash share : Second on our list is flash share. Flash share just like xender, is an application which let’s you send and receive files, games and apps from other android users at a fast lightening speed. You may want to object the use of this app thereby giving credit to the default Bluetooth functionality on a phone but c’mon, would you rather wait for about 10 minutes just to send or receive an 100MB file or you’d choose to send and receive such file in just seconds. With flash share, you can send and receive a 1GB file in less than 5 minutes.
Flash share seem not to be available on Google PlayStore however, you can choose to download from other source. To download from other source, please click Here.
3. English Dictionary: If you are the type who likes to look out for the meanings to new words, the English dictionary app is essential. You do not have to buy an Oxford dictionary neither do you have to carry a pocket dictionary around, with the English dictionary app installed, your phone can be your dictionary.
To download the English Dictionary app from Google Play Store, Please Click Here.
4. Antutu Benchmark : The Antutu Benchmark is supposed to be on our number 1 list but then, we’d believe that the above apps should be able to work on virtually all android phones. For me, I usually install antutu benchmark before any other app since my past experience with the cloned Samsung Galaxy S4. Antutu benchmark gives you a more detailed information about your Android phone. It gives you information regarding the total RAM the device runs on, the internal storage capacity, display and more. It’s essential you use such app so you don’t get deceived like I was months back.
To download antutu benchmark from Google Play Store, Please Click Here.
5. Facebook Messenger : You may ask, why didn’t I mention the Facebook app before the messenger app. The reason is, I prefer logging into my Facebook account via browser instead of the app. I love the messenger because it isn’t just efficient for chat messages alone, but also for free calls. With the Facebook messenger app, you can call some of your Facebook friends for free as long as they’ve also installed Facebook messenger app on their devices.
To download the Facebook Messenger app from Google Play Store, Please Click Here.
6. Email App : I am not going to be determinant on which email client to download and install because we’d believe not everyone uses a Gmail account, a yahoo mail account, Hotmail etc. Regardless of what email service you use, we’d think it’s essential you use their app in other to get notified of new emails as they come in. If you are the business type who does more of emailing, you possibly can’t say NO to your email service app.
To download, Search Google Play Store for your email service.
7. Banking App : Thanks to technology, you do not need to go to the bank every time you want to send money to friends or loved ones, pay bills and sorts. Neither do you have to visit an ATM machine to check how much remains in your account. You can simply do all of those from the comfort of your Android phone and that’s why it’s got Mobile Banking.
Personally, all thanks to my access bank app and Entrust OTP app, I make transactions from my phone. I barely visit the banking hall unless I have other issues to settle other than sending money or paying other bills that has to do with money transfer. If you want to save yourself from banking stress, get your banking app. You can visit your bank for more information on that.
Please Let’s Hear From You
What other app do you think fits in to the first apps users should install on their newly acquired android devices?