No doubt, over the years, WhatsApp has evolved as one of the leading mobile messaging app in the mobile world. According to reports from Statista, the Facebook acquired messaging app as at April 2015, boasts of over 800 million active users which is really a huge milestone.
Few days back, precisely on the 19th of August, WhatsApp rolled an update to its latest version for the windows platform.
The WhatsApp latest update which is version 18.104.22.168 comes with the following features:
- Mark chats as Read or Unread
- Mute specific chat threads
- Quickly message or save the contact if they’re also on WhatsApp upon receiving a contact card
- Enable ringtones and vibrations to alert you of new calls or messages
- Emoji library expansion with new color variations, accessible through a tap & hold gesture
- Data-conscious setting to help protect any data caps users might have
Couple of weeks back, we announced that Microsoft was in talks with WhatsApp engineers to bring the WhatsApp Web Feature into Microsoft’s Own Edge browser. Good news is, that is now available as well. You can now use the WhatsApp web client feature on Edge browser on windows 10.