For the past few months, we have regularly been seeing updates been rolled out on the infinix hot note x551 phone running android 5.1 lollipop. The update has basically been fixing bug issues and of course, bringing about more improvement.
During the course of the last update which was barely 2 weeks ago, one of the basic improvement i have noticed is the battery strength. I could watch YouTube videos all night and just about 30% of battery capacity is what would be used which is really nice compared to other devices with same capacity level. Another interesting thing which may not seem as a big deal to a whole lot of people is the change in battery icon. I am a big fan of change and the new battery icon sorta catches my fantasy.
Few minutes back, another update popped up on the infinix hot note and reading through the update description, it doesn’t seem as a major update but guess what, the update file is about 143MB which is pretty big compared to other updates we have constantly received.
The description reads that the update brings about the following:
- Added system manager app which includes mobile cleanup, app manager, network management ad harassment block functions
- Added 3G only option in network type selection
- Added sleep cleanup function to automatically clean up phone memory after long time sleep
- Added app lock function in recent app cleaner to avoid cleaned
- Optimized password lock and PIN lock input on lock screen, directly entry when entering the correct password
- fixed smart cover’s status bar display issue
- Removed quick charge icon on the left of the status bar
- Fixed ringtones setting failure occasionally issue
- Fixed other issues from XCLUB fans
- Improved battery and system performance and fixed other issues.
Unfortunately, after downloading the update and tapping the install button, you will still face the error message we are getting used to on infinix x551 phone, ‘Unfortunately, System update has stopped’. Hence, you would have to install the update via Recovery and we already have a detailed tutorial HERE which should guide you on how to.
If you have rooted the phone, please make sure you unroot the phone and completely back up before proceeding with the update as it could brick rooted phones.