NTEL recently announced that it’s network service has finally been opened to the public. The company also added that full network coverage is now available in parts of Lagos and Abuja.
We just got our hands on NTEL’s data tariff plans and although unconfirmed, it seems to be unlimited data plans. However, based on the terms and conditions earlier shared by the company, there is a fair usage policy of basically 3GB daily.
You can see the NTEL’s data tariff plans below:
|Smart Phone Starter||N1,000||3 days||Unlimited data,30minutes voice calls, SMS|
|Standard Plan||N2,400||7 days||Unlimited Data,70minutes calls, SMS|
|Monthly plans||N9,000||30 days||Unlimited data, 300 minutes calls, SMS|
Just before you go all lovey/dovey on these plans, NTEL outlined some certain terms and conditions and the basic terms and conditions would be;
- At peak periods each day, any customer who has used a total volume of 3GB will be slowed down to 512bps.
- Customers likely to be affected by this policy are those who generate large volumes of traffic; often have file-sharing software or peer-to-peer/torrent apps on their phones or tablets; and download large-format files such as music, videos, and movies consistently.
- Customers are only entitled to use our services for personal, non-commercial use. We reserve the right to impose network protection controls, limit the speed of, suspend or block your access to services, or disconnect you if your use is excessive and/or not in keeping with that reasonably expected of a private individual.
- The allowance set out in this fair use policy is based on bundles used within Nigeria. Any use when you are abroad will be charged at the relevant international rates.
NTEL also listed some smartphones that can work with the 4G LTE network service in the country. The listed phones includes;
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Tecno Camon C5
- Tecno Boom J8
- Infinix Zero 3
- Infinix Note 2 x600 (2GB RAM Version).
Basically smartphones with 4G LTE connectivity should be able to work with the NTEL 4G LTE network service.
Still yet, no information has since been shared in regards office addresses and how intending customers can obtain SIMs and how those who already reserved numbers, can go pick them.