WhatsApp, basically wants to share your account information with Facebook. And according to the team, this is basically intended to improve your Facebook ads. For all we know, there could be more.
Although, WhatsApp specifically mentioned that your phone number won’t be share, it’d probably be at your best interest not to allow sharing.
Yea, I know. There has always been an option to use Facebook in creating a whatsapp account before now. However, this new policy is quite different.
If you are like me who wouldn’t want to, in anyway, link my whatsapp account with Facebook, deactivating the sharing would be the best bet.
However, here’s how to still stop the sharing:
- Launch your whatsapp account,
- Tap on the option button and tap on settings
- Under settings, tap on Account
- Under account, you should see the option stating ‘share my account info‘.
- Uncheck it and tap on ‘Don’t share‘.
So, there you go. That’s basically how to stop sharing your whatsapp information with facebook. Questions? Please share.