The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was released a couple of weeks back and for quite sometime now, the device has been receiving a lot of complains regarding battery explosion.
Samsung even made a call-back of over 2 million units in a bid to rectifying the battery explosion issue.
A man from Florida, is however, claiming that his Samsung Galaxy Note 7 blew up in his car and thereafter, set the car on fire.
According to Fox13 News, the incident took place this Monday shortly after Nathan Darnacher and his family returned from a garage sale. The Galaxy Note 7 owner left his phone in the family keep to move some furniture, and by the time he returned, the car had gone on flames.
Nathan Darnacher, via Facebook, further explained the incident stating thus:
Not the barbecue I wanted on my day off. We go to a garage sale to grab a desk for bonnie get back to the house unload the car leave it running ac on to keep the car cool we were planning on grabbing the dog and Bonnie and heading to petco, I head back out to the car to grab my phone which was on the charger (me and Lydia always fight over the house charger) go to open the door and see flames inside… open the door and it’s engulfed run inside to get extinguisher and of course not to be found yell at Lydia to call Fire Department and well here is the end result….
Although Nathan has no definitive proof as the Note 7 being responsible for the incident, he pointed out that the phone was on charge which according to the known reports regarding the battery explosions, is actually the first step.
He further shared an image of the smartphone which apparently, tends to speak for itself.
Samsung has however, told FOX 13 news that they are aware of the incident and are working with Mr Nathan in investigating his case.
On the flip side, a similar incident was recently disclosed. The incident which occured in an hotel room in Australia, has it that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 battery exploded, thus causing over $1400 in damages.
If you currently use the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, you may want to be careful when charging the smartphone. Preferably, you should have a fire extinguisher by your side.