Lately, a couple of Nigerians have been complaining of being unable to subscribe to Apple Music on their iPhone as a result of the new CBN policy. Hence, the need for an alternative.
Spotify is an awesome alternative to Apple Music. However, it comes with a major limitation. And that’s the fact that it isn’t supported in Nigeria, India and some other countries. As usual, US and UK are supported.
So, how do Nigerians, Indians and other not-supported countries utilize the app? On Android, it’s really simple. Simply downloading the app from a third party site and using a VPN should set you going.
On iPhone, it’s a different ball game. And this is because, if you didn’t jailbreak the phone, you wouldn’t be able to download apps from third party sites.
Thankfully, I am here to share a step-by-step guide as to how you can download, install and use spotify on your iPhone without jailbreaking.
Downloading Spotify On iPhone In Nigeria, India or Outside UK and US
- The first thing you want to do is download Opera VPN from the App Store. Here is the link.
- After downloading Opera VPN, launch the app and follow the onscreen instructions. After installing profile, Choose to turn on VPN and select United States as the preferred location.
- Next, you need to navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID. Sign out your current Apple ID and sign in your US Apple account. If you do not know how to create a US account, stay tuned!
- After logging to your US Apple ID, go back to App Store and download Spotify. Here is the link.
After download is complete, still keep the Opera VPN connection active.
How to Install and Use Spotify On iPhone In Nigeria, India, and Other Unsupported Countries
Like I mentioned earlier, make sure you are still connected to the Opera VPN. It is very important.
- Launch the spotify app, and enter your sign up details. If you are not connected to the US IP, it won’t work. Hence, keep the Opera VPN active.
- After successfully creating your account, you should be able to use and enjoy spotify on your iPhone afterwards.
Please Note: You will need to switch Opera VPN ON anytime you want to use Spotify. I realize the app doesn’t necessarily work if you are not connected to a supported country IP. Hence, choose United States when using Opera VPN.
So, that’s it guys. That’s basically how you can download, install and use spotify on your iPhone while based in Nigeria, India or other unsupported counties. Need help? Feel free to use the comment form.