Sometime back, i talked about the Nokia 3310 doing a comeback. Apparently, that report turns out to be true. Nokia has even started promoting the phone across it’s social media pages.
The design turns out different from what we initially saw as a rumor. The design isn’t similar to the former Nokia 3310 either. The rumor pointed that out.
This time, you are looking at a smaller, lighter, thinner design. Unlike the former Nokia 3310 with a PIN (famous pin mouth) charger, the new model comes with a Micro-USB charging port.
The handset wouldn’t be running Android as rumored. Instead, the device runs Series 30+ software. Other than the difference in design, charging port, other improvements have been brought to place.
The new Nokia 3310 (2017) now has support for Edge (2G) internet connectivity and Opera browser built in. There is also a rear camera. FM Radio and MP3 player for music has also been brought in place.
Based on storage capacity, the Nokia 3310 (2017) packs 16 MB storage. This can however, be expanded with the use of MicroSD card with support up to 32 GB.
More more, the re-branded model will be available in variety of colors, including Warm Red (Glossy), Dark Blue (Matte), Yellow (Glossy), Grey (Matte).
New Nokia 3310 (2017) Specifications
- GSM: GSM 900 / 1800 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Mini-SIM) or Dual SIM (Mini-SIM, dual stand-by)
- OS: Series 30+
- Announced: January 2017
- Dimensions: 115.6 x 51 x 12.8 mm
- Weight: 79.6 g
- Display: 2.4-inch, 320 x 240 (167 PPI), Display
- Build: Plastic
- Colors: Warm Red (Glossy), Dark Blue (Matte), Yellow (Glossy), Grey (Matte)
- Internal Storage: 16 MB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32 GB
- Rear: 2 megapixel with LED flash
- Video recording: 240p @ 15fps
- Front-facing: NA
- Music Support: Audio player
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Video Support: Video player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with SLAM; A2DP
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Battery: Removable Li-Ion 1200 mAh
- Stand-by: Up to 744 h
- Talk time: Up to 22 h
- Music Play: Up to 51 h
- Launch Price: About 50 EUR