Knowing the best and cheapest MTN call tariff plans that’s situable for you can be a bit tricky. Especially with the relatively large number of tariff plans available on the network. Thankfully, this post will aid you with all the best and cheapest MTN call tariff plans for 2018 alongside their migration codes and call rates for you to choose from.
There are quite a handful of call tariff plans on the MTN network. A handful that it can get pretty confusing.
These call tariff plans are actually aimed to suit different users for different reasons for which they own a phone and tend to use a sim. Bear in mind, this content is aimed at strictly call tariff plans. If interested in data subscriptions, these are the best MTN data plans to check out.
Over the years, I’ve found myself switch between a reasonable number of tariff plans on the GSM network. I’ve also extensively had to explore that route.
Currently, I’m on the MTN pulse and that’s specifically because of the cheap night browsing plan that comes with it. More details on the MTN pulse tariff plan will be communicated below.
For now, that’s not stick to just one. Let’s talk on literally all the best and cheapest. You can thereafter decide to choose which suits you.
- Best and Cheapest MTN Call Tariff Plans and Their Migration Code (2018)
- MTN XtraSpecial
- How To Migrate To MTN XtraSpecial Call Tariff Plan?
- MTN Xtra Pro
- How To Migrate To MTN Xtra Pro Call Tariff Plan?
- MTN Beta Talk
- Migration Code?
- MTN TruTalk+
- MTN TruTalk+ Migration Code
- MTN Pulse
- Benefits Of MTN Pulse Data Plan
- MTN Pulse Migration Code
- MTN AWUF4U
- How To Check MTN AMUF4U Account Balance
- MTN Xtra Value
- Does Migrating To These Call Tariff Plans Cost Any Fee?
Best and Cheapest MTN Call Tariff Plans and Their Migration Code (2018)
This post is valid for 2018. It will be updated in due time if the need arises. If for any reason, you feel like we missed out an important part, please do not hesitate to bring it to our notice via the comment session. We talk such things seriously.
Back to the best MTN call tariff plans in the Nigerian marker today, let’s first clear the air on something.
MTN clearly has two major plans; prepaid and postpaid. For the most part, we use prepaid. However, there are a certain organisations and personnel who use the postpaid plan. But if you happen to buy and register your SIM at an MTN outlet, and you are required to recharge before being able to make calls, you are on the prepaid plan.
Having cleared that, let’s first outline all the best and cheapest MTN call tariff plans we will be talking about on this post. We will extensively talk more on them. So please, i urge you to continue reading.
- MTN XtraSpecial
- Xtra Pro
- MTN Beta Talk
- MTN Pulse
- MTN XtraValue
If you do not want to spend much money on calls and sorts, I would advise you carefully go through the tariff plans I will be stating and possibly explaining here. The aim is to give you a better insight at the subject matter and also aid you in choosing the best prepaid plan suitable for you.
The MTN xtra special call tariff plan typically has no daily access fee in the chart. Tariffs here are pretty much on the affordable side.
Calls are charged at 15K/sec which equals N9/minute. These rates are not limited to just MTN numbers, they apply to other networks in the country. Meaning, if you choose to call a glo or airtel number, you will be charged the same flat rate of 15kobo per second.
Another benefit with the xtraspecial tariff plan is that you get to call some selected international destinations at the same rate. There is also an added benefit of 7 days free subscription to EPL video service. To be a clear, this is for MTN postpaid customers.
Summary of MTN Xtra Special Tariff Plan and Eligible Destinations
|MTN-to-18 Selected International destinations||15k/sec|
How To Migrate To MTN XtraSpecial Call Tariff Plan?
To migrate to MTN XtraSpecial plan, dial *408# and select 1 to migrate. Alternatively, text 408 to 131.
MTN Xtra Pro
Yes, there is an xtra tag in this same as the one above. However, the xtra pro plan is quite new and offers the cheapest MTN tariff plan.
On the MTN Xtra pro plan, you are charged 11k/sec and N6.60/minute. This same tariff applies to calls to other networks within the country.
As fascinating as this plan is, there is a daily access fee of N5. The daily access fee is only charged upon your first initiation of a call in the day. In a case whereby you do not have up to N5 as your account balance, you will be charged 20k/s which equals N12/min.
How To Migrate To MTN Xtra Pro Call Tariff Plan?
To migrate, simply dial *401# and select 1. Alternatively, text 401 to 131.
MTN Beta Talk
MTN beta talk has been in existence for a while. I’ve even talked about the tariff plan a few times on this blog.
Basically, on the mtn beta talk plan, you get 250% bonus on every recharge of N100 and above. And for recharges below N100, you get 150% bonus. You also get 10MB free data on a 7 day period.
Call tariffs on this plan are quite on the high side and that’s courtesy of the bonus that comes with every recharge. National calls are charged at 40kobo per second which equals NGN24 per minute.
This quite expensive call rate still applies even after exhausting the bonus airtime given. I personally will only recommend this plan if your use your mtn sim sim for basically internet subscription.
Imagine you rcharged NGN1000 to shbscribe to a data plan. Upon N1000 recharge, you will receive N2500 as bonus. You can thereafter, utilize the bonus airtime for calls while you subscribe with the N1000 you recharged. That’s more like getting your money back.
How does MTN BetaTalk call rate work?
- National calls will be charged at the rate of N25.20/minute (42k/sec) from the customer’s main account and N27/minute (45k/sec) from the bonus account.
- All National calls, SMS and Data will be charged from the customer’s main account as soon as the bonus airtime is exhausted or expires.
- International calls, International SMS and Data while roaming will be charged from the customer’s main account only at the prevailing international rate.
- NB: (National Calls & National SMS means calls & SMS to all networks in Nigeria i.e. On-net and Off-net calls and SMS)
To migrate to MTN Beta Talk, simply dial *123*2*6# or text BT to 131.
MTN TruTalk+ is another MTN tariff plan that has been in existence for quite a long time. This plan commands call rates of 11kobo per second and calls to international numbers at 20k/second.
There is also a daily access fee here. A daily access fee of N5 which is same as the MTN Xtra pro plan.
The daily access fee is only charged if you initial a call in a day. In a case whereby you didn’t any call in a day, you will not be charged.
MTN TruTalk+ Migration Code
To migrate to this call tariff plan, dial *123*20#. Alternatively, text TP to 131.
MTN pulse has been pushed more often than the rest. This is because the pulse plan is aimed at the youths and the young at heart. The plan has been in existence for a while as MTN iPulse but it was ditched and later relaunched as the now MTN Pulse.
Calls on the MTN Pulse tariff plan are charged at 11kobo per second after spending 40kobo per second on the first one minute.
What this means is, the first one minute of the day on the plan will be charged at 40kobo per second. Subsequent calls during the day will be charged at 11kobo per second.
Other than the call tariff plans, there is the night browsing plan. With N25, you get to surf the internet between 12:00am and 4:00am. Of course, with a data limit. Although officially stated to be 500MB, in reality, it’s way lesser than that.
Benefits Of MTN Pulse Data Plan
You will enjoy the following benefits when you are on MTN Pulse:
- Flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN11 daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at N10/day
- Happy Hour night browsing at N25/day
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge
- Plus other life-enriching products and services from MTN
MTN Pulse Migration Code
To migrate, dial *406# or text 406 to 131.
MTN Awuf4U is an offer that will reward customers with 200% airtime bonus on Every recharge below N100 and 300% airtime bonus on Every recharge from N100 above when they recharge using a special code, *888*PIN# or via VTU.
- A new dedicated, Awuf4U has been created for the offer.
- As soon as you recharge using the special recharge code *888*PIN#, the full face value of the recharge plus the airtime bonus will be credited in your Awuf4U account.
- If you recharge with N100, you will get N400 in Awuf4U account i.e. N100 (recharge value) + N300 (bonus)
- If you recharge with N400, you will get N1,600 in Awuf4U account i.e. N400 (recharge value) + N1,200 (bonus)
- If you recharge with N750, you will get N3,000 in Awuf4U account i.e. N750 (recharge value) + N2,250 (bonus)
- If you recharge recharge with N1,500, you will get N6,000 in Awuf4U account i.e. N1,500 (recharge value) + N4,500 (bonus)
- You can enjoy the following services from Awuf4U account:
- Calls to ALL Networks in Nigeria
- SMS to ALL Networks in Nigeria
- • International call to 18 (eighteen) destinations
- PAYG data browsing
- SMS capped at 75 SMS weekly
|Recharge Band (N)||Face Value + Bonus in Awuf4U Account||Awuf4U Account Validity|
|N1 – N99||Recharge value +200% airtime bonus||14 Days|
|N100 – N200||Recharge value +300% airtime bonus||14 Days|
|N201 and above||Recharge value +300% airtime bonus||30 Days|
How To Check MTN AMUF4U Account Balance
To check your MTN Amuf4u account balance, simply dial *559*14#.
MTN Xtra Value
XtraValue offers you a bundle of huge airtime for voice calls and data, the bundles are available in 2 categories (XtraTalk and XtraData) and at different price points ranging from N300 to N20, 000. This price plan is available to all prepaid customers.
What bundles can I choose from?
- XtraTalk Bundles – Offers more airtime for Voice calls than Data volume
- XtraData Bundles – Offers more volume of Data than airtime for voice calls
More details on the MTN Xtra Value can be accessed here.
Does Migrating To These Call Tariff Plans Cost Any Fee?
The first migration in 30 days is free. However, subsequent migration between these call tariff plans will attract a fee of N100. But as earlier mentioned, first migration within 30 days is free.
Update: Currently, the MTN Xtra Pro and TruTalk+ seem not to be active. Others however, are still active.
If you’ve got questions in relation to MTN call tariff plans and migration codes, please ask using the comment session.