Infinix as a mobile OEM brand needs no introduction as the company has become a household name in not only Nigeria, but other parts of the world.

Teaming up with Google to introduce the first android phone smartphone in Nigeria, infinix mobility gains recognition amongst other international websites and based on latest statistics from the company, over 150,000 units of the android one phone (infinix hot 2 x510) has been sold in just about 2 months.

Infinix hot 2 x510 phone and online media presence

The first time we got an insight in regards the Hot 2 x510 also referred to as the HOTTest One was in July. The device was officially launched on the 18th of August in Lekki, Lagos at the Landmark event of which, TechsNG was a part of.

We did an unboxing video of the device which currently has thousands of views on Youtube as well as a full review of the device and we tagged the phone ‘Affordability at it’s best‘.

The infinix hot 2 was released in two variants; the 1GB RAM version and the 2GB RAM version. Sometime last month, we spent sometime with some reps of infinix mobility at a Slot outlet in ikeja and the most requested phone was the infinix hot 2 followed by the hot note.

Going back to the statistics provided by the company, over 150,000 units has been sold so far. The company gave a presized figure of 157,860 units and the company added that 70% of the sales are driven by E-commerce while the remaining 30% are achieved through traditional channels including operator’s retail stores.

Infinix mobility has gradually became the number 1 online smartphone brand in Nigeria and talking on the use of social media, infinix mobility CEO, Benjamin Jiang says:

We talk to our fans as they are our close friends. Infinix fans are much more than users, they are our main concern. The most important thing for us is to understand what consumers need, to provide smartphones that fit their needs”.

When asked how infinix mobility became the number one online smartphone brand in Nigeria, the company’s country manager, Bruno Li said:

My answer is customer’s participation. Infinix is not only selling devices, but the desire for its fans to build and be part of High-tech improvement”.

Based on the success of the infinix hot 2 device in Nigeria, the company is in the works of launching a bigger 3000 mAh battery capacity for the device of which leaks has it that the device will be called ‘Infinix Hot 2 Pro‘.

As an added tip, infinix mobility is launching another device very soon which is going to be under the Note series. More details about that will be passed across as soon as we get them.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here